10 FREE tools to hone your edge, CBDCs & Chainlink/SWIFT
The Web3edge newsletter is constantly growing and evolving, just like you. Over time you may see the format and contents change – but fear not! The newsletter will always be about helping you grow your edge in Web3.
If you have any feedback, feel free to email email@example.com or DM @0xPhillan on Twitter – we’d love to hear from you!
10 FREE tools to hone your edge
Note: this is not a sponsored post – the tweet thread reflects 0xPhillan’s and Web3edge’s opinions on great free tools to use.
In his Twitter thread, @0xPhillan shares 10 free and lesser known tools you can use to help sharpen your edge in Web3. He breaks down the tools by what they are used for, who they are for, and what kind of data access the tools provide you. For the full list of tools, check out the Web3edge resources page.
News | Web3 Highlights
Charles Hoskinsen, Creator of Cardano, sees CBDCs as a threat to individual financial freedom
Check out the full piece on The Daily Hodl
Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs) are digital tokens issued by a central bank that have the same value as the fiat currency issued by that bank. For example, the US Dollar could have a “Digital” US Dollar that has exactly the same value as the physical currency equivalent. Phrased differently: US$1 =Digital US$1.
Charles Hoskinson argues that CBDCs are the “single-most dangerous innovation that we’ve ever seen in monetary policy”. CBDCs not only give full transparency to central banks and governments about who spends money on what, but also gives them the power to move or destroy any person’s digital assets at any time.
He calls CBDCs:
“…a system where we hand an unlimited monopoly to somebody at any moment to have total control over your entire financial autonomy and your economic access.”
This opens up the possibilities to censorship and oppression, as political groups could use that power to mess with people’s livelihoods that do not agree with their views.
- Vitalik expects Proof-of-Stake to increase in legitimacy, and hopes Dogecoin and Zcash would embrace PoS too
- Coindesk releases ‘Best Universities for Blockchain 2022’ ranking
- 14 talks from DuneCon covering content from Analytics to Infrastructure
News | Mainstream Adoption
Chainlink and SWIFT develop proof-of-concept enabling TradFi to Web3 interoperability
Check out the announcement on Twitter or check out Chainlink’s blog post covering key content from SmartCon 2022
SWIFT is an international cooperative that runs one of the largest payment networks for capital markets, payments, FX and trades. It is a TradFi (traditional finance) behemoth that claims 11,000 banks are connected to their international payment network.
In cooperation with Chainlink, SWIFT developed a proof-of-concept that uses the Cross-Chain Interoperability Protocol (CCIP) to enable SWIFT messages to instruct on-chain token transfers.
What does this mean for Web3? While this is only a proof-of-concept, it is a first step to enabling more seamless interoperability between TradFi and Web3 markets.
- Facebook and Instagram to allow users to connect their wallets and share NFTs on their social media pages
- Telefónica, Spain’s Largest Telco, Allows Purchases With Crypto
- Vietnam has the world’s highest rate of crypto adoption according to Chainalysis Global Crypto Adoption Index
Additional content to grow your edge and expand your horizon.
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to Ethereum by Jon Charbonneau
- What is Bridging? by Rahul Nambiampurath
- Financialized NFTs: evolving opportunities in an early space by lingchenjaneliu
- What is Market Making? by Kamino Finance
- Super Special Compilation about Tokenomics by @officer_cia
- The Problem Tornado Cash Raises About Base Layer Censorship on Ethereum by Amy Aixi Zhang, Rodrigo Seira
- Ranking Blockchain Universities Is Answering the Wrong Question by Boyd Cohen
Today’s newsletter was written by @0xPhillan for Web3edge.io. Follow @Web3edge_io on Twitter!
This newsletter is not financial advice, I am not a financial advisor. The information provided by Web3edge is for general informational and educational purposes only. Do your own research before investing. See Disclaimers for more information.
Was this email forwarded to you? Sign up here.
SHARE THIS PIECE
Hello world! We are excited to announce the first guest piece published on Web3edge, by none other than the talented @lingchenjaneliu! In her piece she ...
Hello World! It's always good to reflect on where we came from, where we are and where we are going. With 2022 having come to ...
Web3edge Originals Hello World! The last few weeks the news cycle has been dominated with the collapse of the FTX exchange, FTX US exchange and Alameda ...
Hello World! This week we are taking a look at the metaverse, it's history and what the concept means when you strip away hype around ...